Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Jakarta International School

I would be remiss in not saying what a wonderful experience it was working at the Jakarta International School! Now one of my favorite places I have visited. Not only were all the kids above average ;) - but Sara and I were treated like royalty the whole time we were there.


Dianne and then Kate - the High School and Middle School librarians respectively - fed and watered us, had us carted around the city, gave us valentine roses etc. etc. etc.


What a great great experience - Terima Kasih!



We were welcomed to the middle school by the Jakarta Middle School String Orchestra - How classy is that?



A group of the middle school kids - not at a pep rally but at a poetry reading!



Coaching a reluctant - but brave - performer.



Classroom workshop.



Sara - the middle school library guru, Kate and yours truly.

1 comment:

Now we are four! said...

I graduated from JIS back in '83. It is indeed a wonderful place!


Labels