Saturday, March 7, 2009

I heart Warrensville Library


Started an after school writing program
at the Warrensville Heights Library yesterday. Fridays @ 3:15 'til 5:15. I had a crew of vivacious participants at our first session where we talked a bit about understanding metaphor and wrote about our circle of friends as if they were all parts of a single body. I'm looking forward to our next meeting, part of the drop-in writing and performance sessions that the education department of Playhouse Square and I came up with a couple years ago and still going strong.

Who amongst your friends would you compare to the brain - the eyes - the feet - the heart etc. etc.?

1 comment:

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Those are some lucky kids. I wish I would have had some guidance and inspiration as a youth - maybe I would've gotten to this beautiful poetry world a lot sooner.


Labels