Monday, September 14, 2009

If at first you don’t succeed…

Ran my final tri of the season yesterday. The swim went a little better but I still panicked a bit – I was able to calm myself down and actually finished with a good time out of the water. I’m thinking it’s going to take a couple more times in open water with a crowd to get my composure back. That feeling of drowning (see my Lorain tri post) is a hard one to get over.

But – I didn’t want to end my season on the downer that the Lorain tri turned into so I found another race – this one down in Akron which I figured would be a nice little event to finish the year off.

Well, when we got there we found out that this race was the culminating event of a championship series that had been going on all summer. This was the biggest triathlon I have ever competed in. The swim was the longest that I had done this year in a race – the bike course was the hilliest as was the run.

In the end though – I did manage to grab third place in my division – so still no first place finishes, but as any Cleveland sports fan knows – there’s always next year!

pl01

Look at all the egg heads!

pl02

The water temp in the low seventies was higher than the air’s which was somewhere in the 60s

pl03

Smiling for the camera - (sara’s taking the pics)

pl04

Passing someone ten years younger than me right at the finish (ages are magic markered on the backs of our calves)

pl05

Suzi met a fox terrier who looked just like her minus the fur coat.

No comments:


Labels