Sunday, August 24, 2008

Third time is the charm.

Ran my third and final triathlon for the season and I got a medal!



Came in second in my division today - lost first by less than 25 seconds so I still have a goal next season. I think I might run a couple 5ks before the snow flies and my son Max is trying to get me to run a half marathon in October which I just may take him up on.



Not too shabby for a guy who was smoking 3 packs a cigarettes a day five years ago.







I think that's me.






Out of the water and onto the bike...






Off the bike and into my running shoes - I hit these transitions pretty good today - I've gotten so anal that I now have elastic shoe laces that don't have to be tied, i just slip my shoes on and take off.







As I was coming in from the run I looked behind me and saw a runner about twenty five yards back - he shouted to me "I'm not in your class" meaning I needn't worry about him because he was in a different division - I thought he said "I'm on your ass" so I sprinted the last eighth of a mile or so - nearly blowing out my jugular vein.






Who knows what is in the future for our hero?


pics by Sara

2 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

Congratulations.

I smoked and smoked and smoked until I coughed like a 65-year-old who'd worked in a coal mine all his life. Then I quit.

Now I walk and walk and walk and marvel at the miracle of breathing unfettered.

michael salinger said...

Yep, it's nice to get to the top of a flight of steps without wheezing.


Labels