Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let it snow–let it snow–let it snow

Nothing gives one the sense of accomplishment like a freshly shoveled driveway. I think it is the instant gratification of seeing your job completed one clump at a time – step by step, seeing the progress in real time. It made me think how can we structure classroom lessons to give that same feeling of accomplishment as we go along. I was also grateful for the wool sweater I bought in New Zealand this past July – a long term bit of planning that has paid off in spades (snow shovels?)  this winter.

Here’s a couple pics.

snow2011a

Gargoyles are not known for their fondness of snow.

snow2011b

Suzi and Lili inspect my work.

snow2011c

1 comment:

Terry Provost said...

If you need an even greater sense of accomplishment, you are welcome to come over and shovel our driveway.


Labels